As a clinical social worker with expertise in grief and animal-assisted therapy, I offer consultations to mental health organizations, hospitals, and hospice agencies. Please contact me directly for fees; consultations can be provided via phone or in-person.
Common areas of consultation:
- Integrating therapy animals, or developing a therapy animal program as a modality within your agency or organization.
- Case consultations for human health care providers within the area of grief, loss, bereavement and co-occurring issues.
- Case consultations for veterinary professionals.
As a veterinary social worker, I offer 'lunch & learns', presentations, and training for veterinary clinics, animal shelters, animal rescue groups, and other animal-care professionals. Please contact me directly for fees.
- 'Lunch & Learns' - minimum of 30 minutes
- Presentations & Workshops - minimum of 2 hours
- Full- day seminars
The following interview is an example of one of my speaking engagements:
Northwest Focus Interviews Former Pet Partners Director of Programs, Rachel Wright :
Northwest Focus, produced by KWPX TV, is a public affairs program dedicated to the issues in and around the community it serves. Click the link below to watch this episode that features host Erin Michael speaking with Rachel Wright, Pet Partners' former Director of Programs. Rachel explains the history of Pet Partners' organization, the benefits of the human-animal bond, describes Pet Partners' Therapy Animal Program, and tells touching stories about her experiences as a therapy animal handler.